Giulia, family name of the current owners of the property, was chosen to pay tribute to an ancestor known by the local people as “Donna Giulia” and still remembered for her generosity.
The house itself, built in 1700 as a family home, presents two circular towers, typical of this part of Cilento, and a portico that embellish its profile. Built entirely of sandstone extracted from the property it stands on, this home was used by the owners as a farm house and summer residence in the second half of the 1800s. The two towers were used as dovecots between which the arrow slits, that still exist, mounted guard. The recent renovation of the property, carried out in complete respect for its history, has left it intact and has enhanced the ancient charm of this typical Cilento building.